Get your registered Irish driving license quickly
Do you suffer from exam anxiety and have you failed the exam a few times? Or is there not enough time for lengthy theory and practice sessions? Your driver’s license has been lost and you urgently need a new one? The Irish driving license is also very expensive and involves a lot of bureaucracy.Driver Licensing in Ireland. Has your driver’s license been revoked and you need a replacement, which is next to impossible? Or are you just tired of using public transport but not having a driver’s license.
We offer the solution and you can order a new driving license in Ireland online from us and receive it in just 3 days. This not only saves you the driving school, but also first aid courses, MPU edition and other annoying formalities that are required for the Ireland driving license acquisition.
Obtaining a driver’s license abroad, which is very popular and was considered cheaper, is significantly more expensive, it is significantly cheaper to buy a Ireland driver’s license. Saving you time, money and a lot of hassle, we make it easy for you to buy your new driver’s license. Our handling process is quick, safe and easy to do from home.
- Renting a Vehicle
- EU/EEA Drivers Licences
- Non EU/EEA Drivers Licences
- How to Exchange Your Foreign Drivers Licence for an Irish Drivers Licence
- How to Apply for an Irish Drivers Licence
Renting a Vehicle
When renting a vehicle you will need a full driver’s licence from the country that you reside in. However, typically you must have held that licence for 2 years. Drivers aged between 21 – 25 years and 70 – 75 years are usually subject to special conditions.Driver Licensing in Ireland
Non-EU/EEA driving licences cannot be accepted if the holder has been a resident in Ireland for more than 12 months (see below about exchanging your foreign drivers licence).Driver Licensing in Ireland
Typically, an International Driving License is required if your national driver’s license is not in Roman script. International Driving Permits must be accompanied by the original domestic licence of the driver. Those that accept non Roman script licences will require an English translation. Always read the fine print of the car hire contract before confirming your booking.
EU/EEA Drivers Licences
If you have an EU/EEA driver’s licence you may continue to drive in Ireland on your current licence. You can exchange it for an Irish drivers licence when it expires.
Non EU/EEA Drivers Licences
If you have a licence from a country outside of the EU/EEA, then you may drive on your driver’s licence in Ireland for 12 months. However, after the 12 month period you need to apply to have your driver’s licence changed to an Irish one.Driver Licensing in Ireland
How to Exchange Your Foreign Driving Licence for an Irish Driving Licence
Are You Eligible to Exchange Your Foreign Driving Licence for an Irish Driving Licence?
To be eligible to exchange your driver’s licence for an Irish one you must:
- Permanently reside in Ireland for at least 185 days per year.
- Lived in Ireland for the 12 months prior to applying for the exchange.
- Have an Irish PPS number.
- Have a driver’s licence from one of the following countries.
- Australia (Victorian licence holders must sign a declaration to allow Vic Roads licensing authority to release information to the NDLS if required)
- British Columbia Province of Canada (the category of your licence will determine the category of Irish Licence you will receive)
- Isle of Man
- Japan (a certified translation of the document is required)
- Manitoba Province of Canada (Manitoba licence holders can exchange a Class 5, I of F driving licence for the category B car restricted to automatic transmission, Class 6, stage I and F driving licence for the category A1 small motorcycle.
- New Zealand (Motorcycle and Car are the only)
- Newfoundland and Labrador Province of Canada (the category of your licence will determine the category of Irish Licence you will receive)
- Ontario Province of Canada (Ontario licence holders can exchange a G or G2 driving licence for the category B car restricted to automatic transmission.)
- South Africa
- South Korea (a certified translation of the document is required)
- Taiwan (Motorcycle & Car are the only)
If you do not have a driver’s licence from one of these listed countries, you will need to apply for an Irish drivers licence by completing the full Irish driver licensing procedure.
To exchange your driving licence for an Irish one, you need to make an appointment at the NDLS, which you can do online.