Apply for a UK ID card Online
Save time and money by avoiding the need to print forms, take photos at a photo booth or post anything to us. Apply for your UK ID card using Citizen Card’s paperless, online application system to manage your application from any device using your online account.Apply for a UK ID card Online
PASS – the Home Office, police and all UK retailers recognise this card as valid ID
safe and easy application process – apply for a photo ID at a time that suits you
Prove your age and ID
CitizenCard proof of age & ID cards are available for any UK resident and are issued in 3 age categories: ’18+’ for adults, ’16-17′ for young people over 16 and ‘Under 16’ for children. All Citizen Cards printed from 7th January 2021 onwards expire 3 years after issuing (rounded up to the end of the month card was printed on).Apply for a UK ID card Online
We offer two products for all age categories – in addition to the CitizenCard ID we also offer the Yoti CitizenCard, the digital ID solution – a physical ID card which can be used to create your identity on the free Yoti mobile app.
How to apply for your first UK ID card online?
1. Start the online application process by using “Apply for your first ID card” button.
2. “Create Your Account” online (complete a registration form and activate your account) or “Log in” to your CitizenCard online account if you already have one.
3. Go to “Apply Online”, use “Apply for a new CitizenCard” button, complete a new, online application for a CitizenCard and make a payment.
4. “Choose a verification route” – either a digital check that will authenticate your photo ID document or a referee who is a professional person that will confirm your identity.
5. Upload your photo and, if needed, any original documents required.
6. We verify your identity with a photo ID validation or by contacting your referee.
7. We post your photo ID card to you.
IMPORTANT POINTS FOR ONLINE APPLICANTS
- If you need your card right away, make an Urgent application using our paperless online application system.
- Make sure you follow our photo requirements when you upload your photo.
- If you don’t have a valid Passport (UK or International), Photo Driving Licence (UK or European) or European National ID Card,
you need a referee – a professional person validating original document(s) or confirming your details from official records.
- If applicable, check whether your referee completed the Digital Referee Declaration Form to submit their work details to us.
- If applicable, make sure that your referee can be contacted by phone and email during office hours at their place of work.Apply for a UK ID card Online
Proof of age card variants
All Citizen Cards display the PASS hologram endorsed by the Home Office. In addition, our 18+ photo ID card displays the logos of the Police and Security Industry Authority that give their full support to the scheme. Retailers, pubs, bars and nightclubs are advised by these organisations to accept all identity cards with the official PASS logo and hologram.
The age categories make it easy for retailers and door staff to immediately know if a person is of age to buy age-restricted items or enter the premises.